Monday, February 05, 2007

She doesn't just *look* like me...

Before her party, Amelia told me straight out that she did not want to blow out her candle. When discussing her special birthday snack at school, Amelia told me that she did not want her picture taken (something I didn't even know they did!). Her friend Race was kind enough to help her with the candles yesterday and I will speak to Mrs. Posternack tomorrow about the picture taken. I remember very clearly what it feels like to have my picture taken when I just didnt feel like it and I would never want Amelia to go through that. I am lucky enough to witness Amelia's smiles all day and do not feel the need to pressure her to smile when she just doesn't feel like it (and dont understand other people's desire to do so) . I have been explaining to her that smiling does show me, and everyone else, that she is happy with things, but that is all I can do. Happy Birthday to my big, sweet, delicious 3 year old! It's been 3 years filled with a love that I never imagined.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home