Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Road Trip Day #3 - Dallas, TX

It is so surreal being in Dallas again, I haven't been back in 15 years or so and I saw people who I haven't seen in 20 years. We started off the day with breakfast and a swim and then headed to downtown. I wanted to see the skyline again, but I didn't remember that there was not much else. That was ok since it was too hot to be outside anyway. We went to see my old house and then headed to lunch with an old classmate of Becca's, Marcos, and his wife, Keren. Marcos had visited us since we moved to Chicago, but it was definitely over a decade ago and it was like we had just seen each other last week. After lunch, we visited the new campus of my old school, Akiba, and - wow - is all I can say. I know Amelia and Leo would love it there, it was just amazing. At Akiba, I ran into my old friend, Annie, who we had plans with tonight, and it was so much fun bumping into her unexpectedly. Then, it was a little play time at the mall and off to see my friend, Chad's, mom. I knew we would have a great time with Monica and I was right. The kids felt right at home and didnt really want to leave! Monica said she would keep them, but I know their Bubbie and Zadie would not have approved. We had dinner with my old friends, Annie and Emily and their families, and a friend from high school, Dahlia, who moved to Dallas and married an old classmate of my sister's brother. Yah, it's a tiny world. It took close to an hour to get the kids asleep tonight - in the same bed - but thats an improvement from last night, kind of. Hopefully, tomorrow we can crank it out in 30 minutes. We shall see...

I added captions to the last two days and added some pictures to yesterday's shots. Here are today's pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Y'all -
Wow, the kids have grown so much since you've been gone. Must be the southern cookin'!

Funny, your house in Dallas looks a lot like your parents house now on the Lbtyville/Gurnee border. :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home