Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My two favorite reasons why I get nothing done and, at times, am ready to pull my hair out

Since we had no plans today, I really wanted to get the house cleaned and make a nice dinner for Danny. It didn't take too long to come to my senses and realize that if I wanted to accomplish either of those things, I would have to ship the kids off to some other country. Since we are on a rather tight budget and I would miss them dearly, we decided instead to meet Danny for lunch and spare the house any further disaster.
---
Danny brought this box home to pack something up. It had been full of toys for the past few days - I believe Amelia packed it for an airplane trip - but I insisted that we empty it this morning. Leo had other plans and Amelia immediately followed suit.



My heart is pretty much full at all times around these two, but when they hold hands, I just melt. Every time I put music on, Leo looks for Amelia and takes her hands. I dont know what is sweeter, that Leo looks for Amelia, or that she is always happy to see him.



Amelia was quick to eat her chicken and broccoli so that she could have her breadstick. Something I created to have with plain old spaghetti, both kids go crazy for these breadsticks, begging me first thing in the morning at times.



Leo lingered at the table eating his chicken and apple. I love watching him eat, his lips are so cute and he really savors every bite.



After dinner, Amelia decided she wanted to "race" with Leo. The two had a blast. I realized that pictures were cute, but not really the best medium for such action so I pulled out the video camera and they loved it.


---
I always say - probably a few times on the blog even - that five years from now, noone will remember the dirty dishes in the sink, just the fun that we had making them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home