Thursday, December 07, 2006

Little Leo Hayden is 1 year old!!

It seems like only yesterday that Danny and I were sitting in our hospital room, uploading all of the pictures of our little Leo. Time has a way of passing us by in a flash but, if we are lucky, we have a way of remembering every minute. As exhausting (and dehydrating) as it has been, I would not trade any minute of my time alone with Leo, nursing and playing together. There is a special connection between us that I know will be there forever. I love how he squeezes my nose and tickles my stomach, all the while looking right in my eyes. I have had a cricked neck for...hmm...about a year now, I wonder why. With both Amelia and Leo, I wondered what it would be like to sleep and let Danny give a bottle once or twice. I always decided that I never wanted him to do it, I just didn't want to give up that time. I wish I could say that restful nights are on their way, but I know that I will always be needed, no matter the time of day. And, that too, I would never trade. The snuggles and kisses during the day make it all worth while. I know how I feel when I hear Amelia tell me that she loves me and I know I will melt when Leo gives me a kiss for the first time. Happy Birthday, Leo. You (help) make me the luckiest Mommy around.

---
We started our birthday celebration with Bubbie, Zadie, Tante, Noah, Ari, and Amelia. Leo was not interested in the camera. Doesn't he know I have a scrapbook to fill?



I was sure Leo would be asleep before we left the parking lot. He hasn't decided whether he loves being turned around yet.



After a potty break at home, we were off to get ice cream. I hadn't planned on going inside, but the drive thru line was so long, I didn't want Leo to fall asleep and miss his own party. I didn't know how much Leo loved ice cream. They were the two quietest kids in the place, as if they hadn't eaten all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home