Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day - way more than a Hallmark holiday in this house

While I would have much rather been sleeping soundly at 6:30am this morning (and at 5:30am when a little someone joined me in bed...and, now that you mention it - at 4:00am when another little someone needed me), I would not have traded the kisses and hugs I was getting for anything in this entire universe. I thought about getting the camera, but I was too busy being smothered and smothering my two little scrumptaliciouses (yes, it's a word - I use it all the time at home) with such love that nothing else really mattered. I got a card from Amelia and one from Leo, with such sweet words written by Danny, I could hear their little voices when I read them aloud. To hear Amelia singing those words, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy", over and over again, and seeing the smile on her face - yes, it was her sneaky smile - made this year super sweet. No nap and many, many tears of exhaustion later, (wait, we are talking about Amelia, right...ok), the night ended with us snuggling in bed together and giving hugs and kisses. As long as our nights end like that, every day is Mother's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home