Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Water Baby

Becca and I signed up Amelia and Ari for swim lessons only a couple of weeks ago, only to find out that everything was full. We were put on a waiting list and found out late last week that we got in. The class was Mom and Tot and I only found out yesterday what that really meant. It meant that I had to get in the water, down to my shoulders, holding Amelia in an area that she could not stand on her own. It meant that I had to freeze for 30 minutes while singing songs and, I may have mentioned this before, holding Amelia in the deeper part of the pool while we both froze to death. As we were leaving the pool, I saw a nice girl with the class lists and asked her if I could switch Amelia to the "Preschool" class, no Moms allowed. She, very nicely, crossed off Amelia's name from one list and added her to the new class. Shwooo. Fast forward to this evening. I went to the pool in my jeans, remained in my jeans, and never had a drop of water on me. Amelia went into the pool herself, splashed around, jumped like crazy to whoever wanted to catch her, and held hands with friends she had never met before. Danny came to watch and Leo stayed in the stroller the whole time. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Amelia not only went to the class by herself, but truly enjoyed being there. I was so proud of her and gave her the thumbs up everytime she took a minute out of her splashing to give me a smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home