Tuesday, July 18, 2006

You probably don't want a picture of this...

A couple of weeks before we left for Toronto, Amelia decided it was time to start "pishing in the potty". Not wanting to stop every 5 minutes for a potty break, I told her that when we come back from Canada, she will start wearing big girl underwear. True to my word, we came back and on went the underwear. At home she was wonderful, at Bubbie and Zadie's house, she was not. With me she was perfect, but with Zadie babysitting, she was not. Today I decided to forego the diaper in the car, to just trust that she could handle it and live with the fact that she might pish all over JCPenney portrait studio (the pics of Leo came out cute, btw). Never have I been so proud to say that I did not have to take the OxyClean out once today. Never have I enjoyed walking into a mall bathroom so much as I did today, to see Amelia's face after following through with her claim that she "had to go potty". We aren't making a huge deal out of it, but as a mother, I really am amazed at this little girl who is growing up in front of me every minute, yet who continues to suprise me everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home