Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"Dark"



I always knew there would be a time when (1) Amelia would call my name in the morning, instead of just crying, when she wanted to get out of her crib and when (2) Amelia would enjoy cuddling with us in the morning. Here's the reality - I hear "Moooooooooooom" coming from the other room, I look at the clock and usually turn around and go back to sleep - I explain to Amelia that if Mommy doesn't come and get her, it means that she should go back to sleep - anyways...I finally go into her room and Amelia is standing up, holding Hippo and CareBear and calls out one of a number of things, "Dadda", "Bub", or the latest, "dark". We go into our bedroom and get into bed to watch Dora or Blues Clues until Mommy and Dadda can bare to open our eyes. Lately, she wants to take over one of our pillows and tells us, ever so politely, to move. This morning, she was a late riser (6:45am) and Danny and I had to start getting ready right away so Amelia had the bed to herself, something I know she enjoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home